Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thing Eighteen, Online Video

As a girl who cannot go a day without peanut butter I could not resist searching YouTube for a vintage peanut butter commercial. One quick search and I was in nut butter heaven.

As far as my overall experience goes one thing that struck me was how ready people were to comment and converse with one another on the site. Again and again in the 23 Things experience I am reminded how powerful an online community is in this day and age. If someone creates a place for dialogue and promotes that venue dialogue will very likely take place.

I also discovered how easy it is to become extremely distracted on YouTube! I work Tuesday evenings which means, sadly, that I miss American Idol. Well, thanks to 23 Things, I discovered video of past Idol performances. I get to satisfy my guilty little pleasure after all!

There are some great reasons to stop off on YouTube, and there are also some reasons to avoid the site. But as with many things in life you must take the good with the bad.

No comments: