Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thing Seventeen, ELM

I use an ELM provided product at least once a day, but looking at it from a 23 Things perspective revealed a few new applications that I had as of yet overlooked. One of the most interesting being the capability in ProQuest Newsstand Complete to "Create a Web Page." It was a nice way to create a persistent list and search history that I could access and share with others. In theory, I could not only create these web pages for myself, I could also (copyright considered) create help pages for common class searches or distance education student in need of research help.

That said, one of the important reminders of this particular "Thing" is that no matter how familiar a tool may be to me I need to pay attention to the changes and improvements so that I can continually adapt my searching and service to the benefit of the student patron.

No comments: